6 Things to Expect With a Botox Treatment
With the influx of new skin-care procedures and products in the past years, one that one has truly stood the test of time – 18 years and seems to be getting even more popular. You’ve heard it. It’s Botox.
Botox is a bona fide gateway treatment to a “younger-looking you”. It can help enhance your features while also preventing those pesky lines and wrinkles from developing for at least a few more decades. It will help you stave off serious surgical procedures. The Botox injections are quick, easy and are administered with minimal discomfort.
Maybe you know someone who’s tried it, or maybe you’ve tried it yourself. But with this injectable treatment, there is a lot more than meets the eye.
If you’re as young as 25 with fine lines even when your skin is relaxed, you are a candidate.
If you believe you might be a candidate for this type of treatment, and you are looking to turn back the hands of time a little bit, read on.
If you believe you might be a candidate for this type of treatment, and you are looking to turn back the hands of time a little bit, read on. Dr. Tahsini from Skinworks Medical Spa Torrance, California, shares 6 things you can expect with this anti-aging treatment.
How does Botox Work?
BOTOX targets one of the underlying causes of frown lines and crow’s feet—the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. Our medical expert at Skin Works Medical Spa, Torrance, will inject these muscles with BOTOX to temporarily reduce muscle activity. You will begin to notice a visible smoothing of your crow’s feet lines and frown lines between your brows. And, when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy, as our team, you will not lose the ability to show expression.
- For the crow’s feet area, we will inject 3 areas of the muscle that frames the side of the eye, the so-called orbicularis oculi.
- For the frown lines area, our trained specialist will administer 5 injections into muscles in your forehead.
Injecting BOTOX into the muscles that cause crow’s feet lines and frown lines, temporarily reduces the activity of those muscles, which results in a reduction in the appearance of those lines.
What should I Expect With a Botox Treatment at Skin Works Medical Spa, Torrance
- Real, noticeable results You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines. The results from a Botox treatment last up to 4 months.
- Some patients report that being injected with Botox feels like a pinch. However, if you are concerned about experiencing discomfort, we may apply a topical numbing cream before administering your treatment.
- The Botox procedure takes less than 30 minutes.
- You’ll look like yourself—only with less noticeable frown lines and crow’s feet.
- Return to your daily routine. There is very little to no downtime, that is why it is also known as a ‘Lunch Break’ treatment. You’ll be able to go about your normal routine immediately after you leave Skin Works Medical Spa’s office.
- Cost considerations. Skin Works Medical Spa offers the best Botox and other anti-aging treatments in Torrance and surrounding areas. The exact cost of Botox is dependent upon how much Botox you need to treat the desired area. The cost for a Botox treatment at Skin Works Medical Spa in Torrance is $12 per unit. During a pre-treatment consultation, the Dr. Tahsini and our trusted team will discuss your goals and treatment options, which may include injecting up to 20 units of Botox. The consultations are free.
P.S. We share with you 5 more little-known facts about Botox
More People Get It Than You Think
Did you know Botox has been the number-one nonsurgical procedure since 2000?
It’s Effective For Excessive Sweating
Many people who experience excessive sweating, whether on their hands, hairline, or even under their breasts or butt, are turning to Botox and other neuromodulators (like Xeomin or Dysport). “They help prevent excessive sweating by acting on the sweat glands directly,” says Dr. Tahsini from Skin Works Medical Spa.
It prevents headaches and migraines, too
BOTOX prevents on average 8 or 9 headache days and migraine/probable migraine days a month (vs 6 to 7 for placebo) at 24 weeks.
The Jury Is Still Out On “Preventative” Botox
Dr. Tahsini believes in the stitch in time saves nine theory. He does botox injections on patients who are just starting to show the finest expression lines in order to prevent them from ever making the wrinkle. So, don’t think that you don’t need Botox because you don’t have wrinkles. If you want to keep that smooth skin, Dr. Tahsini recommends starting with Botox before they form.
Unlike some resurfacing or surgical procedures, after which there is possible pigmentation or scarring Botox can be done on all skin tones. “This is a procedure [and] product that crosses all divides,” says Dr. Tahsini. “Men, women, Caucasian, African-American, Asian, Indian. I don’t think there is a demographic that has not enjoyed the benefit of this product.”
This month: Botox for $9 per unit (Instead of $12 per unit).
Minimum purchase of 50 units.
If some of the units aren’t used we will keep them for your next treatment.
Schedule Your Free Consultation NOW (844) 759-6757.